Tuesday, April 14, 2009

If you have a teen, know a teen, work with teens...

...this is a fabulous site. They have a lot of stats that I want to post but couldn't find them to post, I will try to do that later.

www.futureparadigm.com

Bob and I went to a meeting last night about teens and teen safety for our foster parent education. One of the speakers was from The Bridge which is a big youth activity place here in Joplin run by Christians. The Bridge has a full-time person whose job is to scan the internet and do research about current teen trends. They really have their pulse on what teens are doing right now.

I know it is scary and overwhelming, but, let's face it, this is the reality that our kids are dealing with. Heads in the sand won't help anyone.

The speaker ended last night on a positive note. She said that this generation has huge potential--they are more educated, less prejudiced, have more money than previous generations. I wish you all could have been there, but since you can't I'll share this resource and post those stats when I can find them.

No comments: