Sunday, August 16, 2009

Kind words and a gentle spirit...

Kind words and a gentle spirit are two key ingredients of true beauty.
Sis Frankie Goins is a picture of this. She is positive, humble, pleasant and always happy to see you. Who wouldn't like someoone like that? She is loved and respected by young children as well as adults. She has a way of seeing the best in people.

She is a good listener, can be trusted with secrets, and gives wise counsel and encouragement. She was my pastor's wife when Bob and I first got married. Once when I was going through a very tough spot, I talked to Sis Frankie. She became my accountability partner. I have confidence in her prayers.

Unfortunately, Sis Frankie fell and broke her hip the other day. Hope and pray that she is doing ok and that the pain isn't too bad. We love you, Sis Frankie!


In other news, I just discovered that my cousin Luke and his wife Sam have a blog: http://schaperpersuasion.blogspot.com/ . Luke is Steve's son for all of you who are trying to remember our family tree! Drop by and say hello. I know, I know...it's been around for a while I just didn't know about it.

1 comment:

Angie D said...

It's wonderful to have godly heroes, isn't it? Praying God helps her heal and blesses her richly. Hope you're doing well too!