Monday, November 16, 2009

Random thoughts...

1) Wingrove Taylor's advice that fits any situation: Humble yourself. (It's so counter-culture ,isn't it?)
2) I am a strange breed, but I LOVE all different kinds of weather--fog, rain, snow, ice, sunshine. I enjoy all of them. Especially if I don't have to scrape my windshield and if Bob will drive me to work when the roads are bad.
3) I have an insane habit of accidentally going in the men's restroom instead of the women's. Happened again this weekend. EM-barassing!!!!
4) 32 years ago I had a gash over my left eye and had to have stitches-left an annoying scar.
5) Saturday Bob and I were playing catch with some foam weight things. The metal end hit me. Gash over the left eye again, exact same place. Thankfully Victoria's a nurse and was able to clean and bandage it for me. I look kind of funny with two pieces of white tape over my eyebrow!
6) Thankful for friends who challenge, share, encourage. Friends you can laugh and cry with. "As iron sharpens iron..." Psalm 27:17
7) Black Friday shopping starts at midnight in Branson. The shopping centers will send shuttles to pick you up at your hotel! No thanks. I would rather be with my family.
8) STILL haven't heard from the dialysis job. It's still not closed in the computer. They are not returning my calls about it. I should hear either way. I am praying hard that I will be able to get off the weekend rotation and to be off night shift. But God's will be done--nights or days I will choose to be content.
9) Christmas shopping is about 70% done and pretty much on budget! Woohoo!!!
10) Really must get on a stricter diet. I have been trying to be careful but it's obviously not been enough. Another reason I think day shift would be better.
11) Can't even think of too much to put on my Christmas wish list.
12) Hoping we get the Suburban back this week--but it will probably be next week. It's costing the insurance company more to fix it than what we paid for it!
13) I doubt anyone will even read or care about this mindless drivel--my Momma! *waving* Hi, Mom!!!!
14) I will copy this to my blog. Some of my blog readers don't do facebook. I am thinking of starting a new blog because my current one won't let me add more photos--not sure why.
15) It was good to get away for the weekend. Jesus said, "Come apart and rest." He could have said, "Come apart and rest, before you come a part." We planned this weekend away a couple months ago. God must have known then how much stress we would have had this past week and made advance reservations just for us to regroup.
16) Thankful for our church family.
17) Blessed far beyond what I deserve.

2 comments:

Keith and Crystal said...

Hey, just letting you know that I do read your blog and we do not do facebook, so I'm glad you update every once in a while. We've been praying for you guys. Hope you're feeling better.

Your "almost" Dave Ramsey quote on # 17 put a smile on my face. :) We're doing FPU and really are enjoying it!

Have a great week!!

sarahmfry said...

I had a problem yesterday with blogger telling me I'd reached my upload quota. I investigated and found out that I had reached my limit on the online web albums they use to host the pictures. So I purchased more space for $5.00....maybe that will help?