Thursday, October 14, 2010

Untitled

Trapped

Alone. Darkness. Cold hard stone surrounds me. Darkness, the absolute darkness.  Trapped. No way out. Scared. Hopeless.  No solution. Voices. Voices taunting-you’ll never make it out. No one cares. Give up. No hope. Strength is gone.

Tapping. Tapping. Tapping.  Louder, louder. Desperate spirit, clouded mind.  Struggle. To understand, to see, to hear.  

Silver cord, tiny beam. Pierces darkness.  Reaching. Unable to move. Paralyzed by choices. Choice. My own. My forefathers. Longing. Desperate. Desperate for hope.

New voice. Kind. Gentle.

Filthy pit. Meager rations. Darkness. Desperation.

God. Encapsulated. Human Flesh. Strong arms. Lifting.  Impassable bridged.  Pure love. Holiness. Light. Sweet light. Peace. Wholeness. Forgiveness. Hope. Mercy. Abundance. Rest.

“When I could not come to where He was, He came to me.”

3 comments:

Liz said...

Hey! I like your new look here! That is beautiful... love you!

Reese said...

Nice (dark-bright) piece, sweet Shar!

xo
Reese

Angela said...

Wondering . . . why are you just now sharing your talent in writing? Great piece! AND . . . Great peace !!!!! =0)